- The Annual Convention is the main governing body of the Diocese of Virginia.
- The Constitution & Canons are the documents by which we govern ourselves.
- The Deans & Presidents are clergy and lay representatives of each Region.
- The Executive Board meets to conduct Convention business in between sessions of Convention. The Board consists of one lay or clergy representative elected from each region.
- The General Convention is the triennial governing meeting of the Episcopal Church.
- The Diocese of Virginia is a part of Province III of the Episcopal Church.
- Regions shows the regional and diocesan structure in the Diocese of Virginia.
- The Standing Committee is the council of advice to the bishop.