- A group dedicated to creating effective and helpful resources and programs to benefit the life of a Diocese around a specific area; can also review and recommend existing programs and resources.
- Membership is through nomination and subsequent appointment by the bishop.
- Members serve terms of three years, with a limit of two consecutive terms served. Members must wait one year after serving two consecutive terms before serving another term, unless at the discretion of the bishop. Members may also be appointed to serve one-year terms.
- Fulfills certain canonical requirements.
- Creates budget request.
- Smaller group created by a commission or the bishop for a specific ministry area.
- Can be ongoing or for a defined period of time.
- Can be made up of committee or non-committee members.
- Evaluates programs/resources and provides suggestions to the commission, committee or bishop.