What We Love!
Every congregation is different yet we have similar issues and concerns and we're part of one Diocese and one Church. This page includes resources that we use in our work with congregations and as we stay current in our work, prepare for ministry, and engage with stewardship leaders. And this tip sheet is a great place to start!
Subscribe to their blog: Blog: News & Events: Lilly Family School of Philanthropy: IUPUI
Subscribe to Philanthropy Matters: Subscribe: Philanthropy Matters: News & Events: Lilly Family School of Philanthropy: IUPUI
Subscribe to Insights from the Lake Institute: Insights Newsletter: News & Events: Lilly Family School of Philanthropy: IUPUI
Generosity for Life Generosity for Life: Research: Lilly Family School of Philanthropy: IUPUI - An interactive platform and resource on charitable giving, offers a look at American families’ generosity over time.
ECF helps Episcopal faith communities develop strategy, leadership and financial resources for ministry. They have administer Donor-Advised Funds and provide financial resources for annual giving, capital campaigns, and planned giving.
- Why Endowment Structures Matter: An Episcopal Church Foundation Webinar
- The Opportunities of Charitable Remainder Trusts: An Episcopal Church Foundation Webinar
- Spending Rules for Endowments: An Episcopal Church Foundation Webinar
- Walking the Way: Planning Annual Giving Campaigns: An Episcopal Church Foundation Webinar
- Debt - What It Is, Its Impact and What To Do with It: An Episcopal Church Foundation Webinar
- Basics of Endowments: An Episcopal Church Foundation Webinar
- Year-Round Stewardship - Talking about Money: An Episcopal Church Foundation Webinar
Horizons provides resources and consulting for annual giving, planned giving, and capital campaigns. Their Next Level Generosity program is helping congregations around the country focus on discipleship and year-round stewardship.
Giving 365 – is a free resource [login required] with case studies, COVID-specific stewardship material, webinars, and stewardship resources from the Horizons team.
Horizons Blog – subscribe to their blog for up-to-date stewardship and giving information to engage your congregation.
Dr. Clif Christopher is an ordained minister in the United Methodist Church and founder of Horizons Stewardship Company. Dr. Christopher shared his reflections with the members of the 218th Annual Council. We thank Dr. Christopher for allowing us to make his keynote presentations available online.
Nonprofit Communications/ Fundraising
HubSpot's Content Calendar Template is how we keep track of the content we create, where and when we're posting, and the links we're using. You can also subscribe to their regular emails for tips on digital marketing and fundraising.
Nonprofit Tech for Good is a fundraising and social media blog for nonprofits with wonderful resources.
Nonprofit Marketing Guide helps nonprofit communicators learn their jobs and leads their teams. They focus on effective marketing and communications tactics and strategies for nonprofits. I highly recommend their trainings, subscribing to their regular emails, and the monthly writing prompts.
Canva is your best graphic design tool for non-graphic designers. The free version is great. The paid/ nonprofit version is fantastic.
The Virginia Episcopalian DioDocs Blog Posts
- Mission Myths & Marvels: Grant Q&A*
- Church Restoration Funding*
- Annual Pledge Campaign Resources*
- Walking the Way*
- Online Giving for Churches*
- Give Inspirationally*
- Thank God for the Millennials*
- Development Symposium: One Person at a Time*
- *Exclusive content developed for and by the Diocese of Virginia.