Fresh Start is a two-year program for priests and transitional deacons in a new position in the Diocese of Virginia. It seeks to strengthen the relationships among clergy, congregations and the Diocese during times of transition.
The curriculum covers essential topics such as church and clergy finance, conflict transformation, change management, family systems and self-care. In addition to the topical presentations by knowledgeable speakers, Fresh Start seeks to draw on the “wisdom in the room” by creating space for clergy to share resources, stories, and to seek advice.
2020-2021 Program Year
- Mon., October 19, 2020 (9:30a-4p) opening retreat via Zoom
- Thurs., November 19, 2020 (9:45a-2p) via Zoom
- Thurs., January 14, 2021 (9:45a-2p) via Zoom
- Thurs., February 25, 2021 (9:45a-2p) via Zoom
- Thurs., April 15, 2021 (9:45a-2p) via Zoom
- Mon, May 3, 2021 (12:30-4:30p) @ Shrine Mont, last meeting (Monday, prior to Spring Clergy Retreat) or via Zoom*
- In May (our last meeting of the year), we begin with lunch at 12:30 and end at 4:30. As soon as we’re able, but no later than two-months out, we’ll confirm whether the last meeting will be in person and get a headcount for lunch. Typically, the opening retreat and the last meeting would both take place at Shrine Mont before the Fall Conference and Spring Clergy Retreat, respectively.
Fresh Start's Facilitators
- The Rev. Rock Higgins (email@example.com)
- The Rev. Megan Limburg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Rev. Laura Lockey (email@example.com)
- The Rev. Ben Maas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Questions about your participation in the Fresh Start program? Email Ed Keithly, Vocational Development Minister.