Fresh Start is a two-year program for priests and transitional deacons in a new position in the Diocese of Virginia. It seeks to strengthen the relationships among clergy, congregations and the Diocese during times of transition.
The curriculum covers essential topics such as church and clergy finance, conflict transformation, change management, family systems and self-care. In addition to the topical presentations by knowledgeable speakers, Fresh Start seeks to draw on the “wisdom in the room” by creating space for clergy to share resources, stories, and to seek advice.
2021-2022 Program Year
- October 17-18, 2021 (5p Sun.-3p Mon.) opening retreat at Shrine Mont (Sunday evening to Monday afternoon prior to Clergy Retreat at Shrine Mont)
- Thurs., November 18, 2021 (9:45a-2p) via Zoom or in Fredericksburg
- Thurs., January 13, 2022 (9:45a-2p) via Zoom or in Fredericksburg
- Thurs., February 10, 2022 (9:45a-2p) via Zoom or in Fredericksburg
- Thurs., March 10, 2022 (9:45a-2p) via Zoom or in Fredericksburg
- Mon, May 2, 2022 (12:30-4:30p) last meeting of the year at Shrine Mont (Monday prior to Spring Conference)
Fresh Start's Facilitators
- The Rev. Rock Higgins (email@example.com)
- The Rev. Megan Limburg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Rev. Laura Lockey (email@example.com)
- The Rev. Ben Maas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Questions about your participation in the Fresh Start program? Email Ed Keithly, Vocational Development Minister.