Youth & Shrine Mont Camps
Youth ministry is one of the top priorities of the Diocese of Virginia as we look toward growing our future mission and ministry. The work of youth ministry falls under the Office of Christian Formation.
Questions about camp? Contact Paris Ball: email@example.com, 800-DIOCESE x1042.
Questions about Parish Youth Ministries? Contact Mike Wade: firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-DIOCESE x1027
The Virginia Episcopalian's Top 10 Under 20
The Virginia Episcopalian magazine is looking to feature young people of the Diocese who are inspiring others and making a difference in their congregation and/or community.
- Nominees must live in the Diocese of Virginia (includes college residency).
- They must be 20 years or younger at the time of nomination.
- Anyone can nominate a young person – kids can nominate kids, too!
- The nomination must be signed by a clergy or vestry member of the nominee’s church.
Nominations are due by March 15.
Ten winners will be featured in an upcoming issue of the Virginia Episcopalian.
Youth Ministries and Events in the Diocese of Virginia
- Youth Ministries Blog
- Shrine Mont Camps: Each summer, the Office of Christian Formation operates 10 camps at Shrine Mont, the Episcopal retreat center in Orkney Springs, Va. This year's Shrine Mont Camp Dates are found here.
- Shout It from the Mountain: A partnership between Shrine Mont and the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia to raise funds to improve and expand the Shrine Mont camps facilities and provide financial resources to bring more to the mountain so that any child can attend a Shrine Mont camp.
- Parish Youth Ministries Committee: This committee of diocesan youth enables young people to be full and active participants in the life of the Church. PYM organizes youth events and promotes youth involvement, in addition to providing support at Annual Council meetings.
- Diocesan Youth Mission Trip: Each year, the Diocese sponsors and helps plan a mission trip for all youth in our Diocese. If interested in the summer mission trip, please contact Mike Wade at email@example.com.
- PYM's Fall/Spring Youth Day of Service: This is a time for youth to come together from different churches and regions and learn why service and outreach are important parts of a Christian life. Attendees will also participate in a hands-on service project.
- Shrine Mont Weekends: These events are an opportunity for students from around the diocese to come together with their peers for a weekend at Shrine Mont. The three weekends are for 6th & 7th grade, 8th grade, and Sr. High students.