Youth & Shrine Mont Camps
Youth ministry is one of the top priorities of the Diocese of Virginia as we look toward growing our future mission and ministry. The work of youth ministry falls under the Office of Christian Formation.
Questions about camp? Contact Paris Ball: firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-DIOCESE x1042.
Questions about Parish Youth Ministries? Contact Mike Wade: email@example.com, 800-DIOCESE x1027
Youth Ministries and Events in the Diocese of Virginia
2017 Shrine Mont Camp Dates are found here.
PLENTY OF SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE! EMAIL MKENNEDY@THEDIOCESE.NET TODAY FOR INFO
The work is alternatively peaceful and fast-paced depending on the day so flexibility and the ability to be both calm under pressure and comfortable with "downtime" is required. Pay is $100/day plus room and board for you and a spouse/partner (when applicable). We are looking for RN or LPN with a Virginia State License (or compact license) in good standing. The right candidate loves and has experience working with children and youth and is excited to join a team of zany and caring counselors and staff. Hiring is dependent on passing State and Federal Background checks. For more information or to apply, check out the camps’ website or contact Paris Ball.
- Youth Ministries Blog
- Shrine Mont Camps: Each summer, the Office of Christian Formation operates 10 camps at Shrine Mont, the Episcopal retreat center in Orkney Springs, Va.
- Shout It from the Mountain: A partnership between Shrine Mont and the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia to raise funds to improve and expand the Shrine Mont camps facilities and provide financial resources to bring more to the mountain so that any child can attend a Shrine Mont camp.
- Parish Youth Ministries Committee: This committee of diocesan youth enables young people to be full and active participants in the life of the Church. PYM organizes youth events and promotes youth involvement, in addition to providing support at Annual Council meetings.
- Diocesan Youth Mission Trip: Each year, the Diocese sponsors and helps plan a mission trip for all youth in our Diocese. If interested in the summer 2016 mission trip, please contact Mike Wade at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PYM's Fall Youth Day of Service: This is a time for youth to come together from different churches and regions and learn why service and outreach are important parts of a Christian life. Attendees will also participate in a hands-on service project.
October 1, 2016 Aldie, VA, (www.sproutcenter.org) 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Senior High Weekend: This annual fall event at Shrine Mont is an opportunity for high school students to come together.
November 4-6, 2016