The Office of Communications
- Produces The Virginia Episcopalian
- Produces the e-Communiqué newsletter
- Publishes the Annual Convention Journal
- Maintains the diocesan Web site
- Publishes the clergy directory
- Is responsible for graphics, images and photography
- Creates invitations and orders of service for diocesan events
- Consults with vestries and clergy on communications plans and best practices
- Offers training in Web site construction through a template partnership with Web Solutions
- Offers review and critique services for Web sites, newsletters, bulletins and communications ministries
- View the diocesan style guide
How can I share news about my church or ministry with the rest of the Diocese?
The diocesan Communications Office works to share stories, news and events from the 181 churches across our Diocese. We work hard for a balance in our communications, featuring stories from every corner of the Diocese and across a broad and varied spectrum of ministries.
To effectively share these stories, we need your help. Here’s how to share your news with the Diocese.
- Submit your event to the online calendar.
- We’ll pull events off the online calendar and publish them in the e-Communiqué weekly newsletter, which hits inboxes every Wednesday.
- Contact the Communications Office with story ideas for The Virginia Episcopalian. The deadline to receive articles is December 1 for the Winter issue, March 1 for the Spring issue, June 1 for the Summer issue and September 1 for the Fall issue. Contact us well in advance of those deadlines so we can reserve the appropriate space. It’s always best to contact us before writing and submitting an article.
- Submit press releases, photos and articles for the online News Room to the Communications Office.
- Share your photos and announcements on our Facebook page at facebook.com/episcopaldioceseofvirginia.