Letters of Agreement Templates
Below you will find Letter of Agreement templates for various clergy positions. Please submit a draft of the Letter of Agreement the transition ministry office, which will provide feedback before the letter is sent to the Bishop to be signed:
- Rector/Vicar/Priest-in-Charge LOA drafts should be sent to the Rev. Dr. Mary Thorpe and/or the Rev. Sarah Brockenbrough.
- Associate/Assistant Rector LOA drafts should be sent to Ed Keithly.
We expect all Letters of Agreement to be signed by the Bishop because with each position below the Canons require varying levels of oversight by the Bishop. Just as important, though, Bishop Goff would like the transition ministry office to have a hands-on role in making sure churches and clergy are up-to-date on best practices in these agreements in our diocese and across the Church.
- Interim Rector
- Vocational Deacon
- Assistant Rector
- The assistant rector template should also be used by associate rectors and assistant rectors called "vicar" by their parish.
- Compensation Guidelines
- See page three of this document for guide on diocesan minimums.
- Clergy Licensure
- Guide for Resigning Priests
Please contact the Rev. Dr. Mary Thorpe, Canon to the Ordinary, with questions. She can be reached at (804) 643-8451 ext. 1013, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.