Letter of Agreement Templates
Below you will find Letter of Agreement templates for various clergy positions. Please submit a draft of the Letter of Agreement the transition ministry office, which will provide feedback before the letter is sent to the Bishop to be signed:
- Rector/Vicar/Priest-in-Charge LOA drafts should be sent to the Rev. Sarah Brockenbrough.
- Vocational Deacon and Associate/Assistant Rector LOA drafts should be sent to Ed Keithly.
We expect all Letters of Agreement to be signed by the Bishop because, with each position below, the Canons require varying levels of oversight by the Bishop. The transition ministry staff reviews each letter to insure that the terms therein reflect the best practices in our diocese and across the Church. Please allow ten business days for review between the submission of the letter and its return.
A note of help: Letters of Agreements become valid when they are signed by the Bishop. Both formal and informal announcements are best timed after the return of the LOA and so that news of the cleric's leave-taking and arrival are shared with the affected parishes, simultaneously.
- Interim Rector
- Vocational Deacon
- Assistant Rector
- The assistant rector template should also be used by associate rectors and assistant rectors called "vicar" by their parish.
- Compensation Guidelines
- Important: If the position was posted to the OTM Portfolio database, the compensation figure the parish posted on that database is the starting position for Letter of Agreement negotiation, not the diocesan minimums.
- Clergy Licensure
- Guide for Resigning Priests
Please contact the Rev. Sarah Brockenbrough with questions.