The Office of Christian Formation helps Episcopalians in the Diocese of Virginia live into their Baptismal Covenants by offering program and formation opportunities
The Office of Christian Formation works to strengthen programming while developing new opportunities for fellowship, worship, education and spiritual exploration. The Office aims to support a Diocese that is filled with healthy congregations that are able to equip and empower their parishioners of all ages in their journey with Christ.
Their ministry areas include youth and young adult formation; Shrine Mont Camps; diocesan-wide workshops; retreats; and Christian education programs.
- Paris Ball, Director of Christian Formation
- Mike Wade, Assistant to the Director of Christian Formation
- Megan Nolde, Registrar & Communications Assistant for Shrine Mont Camps
The Diocese of Virginia has established an official partnership with Forma, the network for Christian Formation Leaders. Forma is an organization which responds to the need for Christian Formation leaders to work alongside one another and supports those leaders through education, resource sharing and advocacy. Formation leaders at your church are now eligible to receive a free membership to Forma. This means that the lead for every single ministry area you have (youth, young adult, adult, etc.), is eligible whether volunteer, part time, lay, or clergy.
Your membership entitles you to:
- Early bird registration for the Forma Conference
- 25% off at Church Publishing Incorporated
- Access to the Forma Listserv and Facebook Group where valuable resources are shared
- A network of advocates at each General Convention who will look out for your rights as formation leaders, work to increase the integrity and professional identity of lay formation ministry, and aim to make the Church a community centered on forming disciples.
Ministry leaders who sign up for the Forma Membership will receive immediate access to all member benefits and will also be connected with other leaders in our Diocese. We are hopeful that these connections will, over time, result in more dynamic, innovative and supported formation ministries all across Virginia.