Prayers & Resources for Shootings at Navy Yard
As a shooting unfolds this morning at the Washington, D.C. Navy Yard, the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia joins in prayer for the victims.
Please check back on this page for continued updates and resources.
- Live updates from the Washington Post
- Tragedy: Prayers, Guidelines & Resources from EpiscoYouth
- Working with Children After a Disaster, from Episcopal Relief & Development
- U.S. Disaster Program Resource Library from Episcopal Relief & Development
- American Psychological Association: Managing Your Disteress in the Aftermath of a Shooting
A Prayer for the Human Family
Book of Common Prayer, p. 815
O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole
human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us;
unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in
your good time, all nations and races may serve you in harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Responding to Gun Violence
Endings and New Beginnings at Christ the King