Arranging for the Joy of It
Shrine Mont will offer its Eighth "Flower Retreat" this fall. Participants get to enjoy all the hospitality of Shrine Mont while learning about floral design, and then are set loose to practice what they’ve learned. It will be a weekend of relaxation and a fun atmosphere to work with flowers and experience nature in a beautiful setting.
Program at a Glance
Nancy Ross Hugo and David Pippin will demonstrate a variety of arranging techniques. Attendees will participate in activities that take the angst out of arranging and showcase techniques that make the process both easier and more fun. Emphasis will be on using local, readily available flowers, greens, and line material.
- Floral design demonstrations
- Flower conditioning tips and information about how to work with particular fresh plant materials
- Hands-on activities organized around themes like “Starting with Sticks,” “No Flowers Allowed,” and “Incorporating Veggies and Fruit”
- Arranging to interesting prompts like wallpaper, paintings, posters
- Vase exchange, Happy Hours and much, much more!