Young Adult Ministry
The Office of Christian Formation is working to build up diocesan offerings in the area of young adult ministry. Contact Paris Ball if you have any interest in growing or contributing to this ministry.
In colleges across Virginia, Episcopalians come together to grow their faith through Canterbury Club and ecumenical groups. College students, parents, youth leaders and clergy are invited to complete a College Student Information Form, which diocesan staff will use to put students in touch with campus ministries. Learn more about these organizations at the following schools.
- George Mason University
- James Madison University
- University of Mary Washington
- University of Virginia
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Tech
- St. Mary's, Arlington has a 20s and 30s ministry made up of parishioners, friends and students who come together for fellowship in faith through monthly supper and book clubs as well as social outings and service opportunities. Newcomers are always welcome! Check out their Facebook page.
- Arlington-area churches join together in a young adult ministry called Epivium. Learn more.
- Young adults from the northern Virginia area gather at the Four Provinces in Falls Church on the second and fourth Mondays of the month for fellowship and theological discussion. Join the Facebook group for more info.
- Young adults (ages 21-40) from Grace & Holy Trinity, Richmond meet once a month for dinner and conversation. We are an engaging and active urban congregation offering worship in several styles. Our other programs include outreach opportunities within Richmond and internationally, Bible and spirituality study groups and the Episcopal Campus Ministry in Richmond. We usually meet at a restaurant and Grace and Holy Trinity pays for appetizers and each person buys their own drink(s). We would love to have you worship with us and join us for a young adult gathering. Visit us online at www.ghtc.org or on Facebook “Grace and Holy Trinity Church.”
- The eightfifteen group for 20- and 30-somethings offers a variety of social events around River City. Anyone who attends St. Paul's, Richmond, their friends, and any other interested young people are always invited and welcome to attend.
- Third Place, Winchester is the young adult group of Christ Church, Winchester that refers to that place which serves as an "anchor of community life that fosters and facilitates broader, more creative interaction" (Ray Oldenburg, The Great Good Place). Third Place gatherings are opportunities for graduate students, young professionals and 20-30 somethings can congregate to make new friends and build new relationships without the pressures of having to join a church or a group. Contact Melissa to find out more.
- Episcorific is a magazine by and for young adults in the Episcopal Church.
- The Episcopal Church Young Adult Ministry site includes information about events, resources and different perspectives on news stories.
- The Episcopal Service Corps is a national federation of young adult service programs in the United States. They provide extended service opportunities for young adults. Learn more and submit an application online.