The Office of Transition Ministry offers support for clergy who are discerning new positions; for congregations in search of new clergy; and for laity in search of fulfilling church work.
Use the links at left to explore the offerings of the Office of Transition Ministry.
- The Open Positions page provides descriptions of up-to-date clergy and lay openings in churches and church organizations in the Diocese of Virginia.
- The Search Process Booklet is a guide for congregations in search of ordained leadership.
- The Compensation page provides benefits and compensation information for clergy. This is a helpful resource for vestries and church treasurers.
- The Sample Letters of Agreement page offers samples of letters that your church might find helpful as clergy are called to new positions. Please note that these letters provide a basic template and can be modified to fit specific situations.
- The Transition Ministry Form is a form that clergy can complete and submit to the Officer for Transition Ministry.
- The Diocese of Virginia Policy on Resigning Clergy outlines policies and procedure guidelines for priests leaving a congregation.
Questions? Contact Lindsay Ryland, Officer for Transition Ministry.